We would like to thank all of our sponsors for a very successful 2012 backpack drive, and special thanks to Candice Murszewski who helped with both purchasing, packing and delivery of the backpacks.
We were able to exceed our goal of 50 backpacks and reached a total of 59 sponsored backpacks. We were able to deliver 52 of these backpacks to Helping Hand Home and Austin Children’s Shelter. Due to the needs at each home, each received slightly different sets. Helping Hand Home received 27 backpacks and bulk supplies. Austin Children’s Shelter received 25 backpacks filled with needed school supplies. Each backpack contained the following items:
- Planner/Calendar – Week @ a glance
- 2 1.5 inch Binders: Ruler
- Pocket folders with brads
- 2 Composition books
- 3 Subject spiral notebook or 3 spiral notebooks
- Colored Pencils
- Retractable Pens (black or blue and red ~ (2 each)
- Index 5-tab dividers (2 packages)
- Graph paper (1 pad)
- Markers (fine tip)
- Zippered Pouch for pens/pencils
- 2 Highlighters
With the great support we received this year, we plan to increase our goal for next year.
Again, thank you to everyone helping make the 2012 Backpack Drive a wonderful success.